NHS 24 in Numbers
Facts and Figures
Below are some interesting facts and figures about NHS 24.
- 1 = HQ in Cardonald, Glasgow.
- 4 = Main contact centres in Aberdeen, Cardonald, Clydebank and South Queensferry.
- 11 = Local contact centres in Ayrshire & Arran, Borders, Dumfries & Galloway, Fife, Forth Valley, Highlands, Lanarkshire, Orkney, Shetland, Tayside and the Western Isles.
- 1,206 = Frontline staff including call handlers, nurses, dental nurses and pharmacists.
- 5,588 = Number of support services details that are available on the website.
- 17,560 = Number of calls received on the busiest day since NHS 24 launch.
- 670,000 = Average number of visitors to www.nhs24.com each year.
- 1.5 million = Average number of calls to NHS 24s core service each year. Calls can range from the acutely ill to those requiring reassurance or general health advice.
- Key Call Milestones:
1 million calls = May 2004
5 million calls = Feb 2007
10 million calls = May 2010
The 13 millionth call was reached on Wednesday 20th June 2012
reviewed 04 July 2012
Find out about our BSL services.